Govert Flinck – Child portrait drawing class in Kunsthaus
Join my drawing class where you will learn the basics of drawing on the example of great art masters and enjoy sketching in an artful atmosphere of Kunsthaus in Zurich.
We will be drawing a portrait created by a student of Rembrandt – Govert Flinck.
You will learn:
- Historical background of the painting in the era of the Dutch Golden Age.
- A couple of interesting facts about this painter.
- How to draw a portrait and how to keep good proportions of the facial elements.
- Basic techniques for drawing portraits: drawing shapes, facial features like eyes, mouth and nose.
- Drawing face from an angle – this will be our biggest challenge and lesson for this workshop.
What to expect?
- instructions on how to draw step-by-step with individual help from the teacher
- individual analysis of your drawing and hints for the future
- meeting new creative people
- widening your knowledge in art and art history
Kunsthaus Zurich, Heimplatz 1, 8001 Zurich in the lobby.
|What to bring:||
A4 size paper plus a pencil and a rubber. Please also take something steady to draw on – it can be a hard paper notebook or something similar.
Due to security policy in Kunsthaus we offer max 10 places for this workshop. Beginners are highly welcome.