Claude Monet – Man portrait drawing class in Kunsthaus
Join my drawing session where you will learn the basics of pastels drawing. We will learn from one of the great masters of painting – Claude Monet.
“Portrait of Victor Jacquemont” is a less known painting by Monet. It was painted not completely in impressionistic style, as we would expect from Claude Monet. We will try to recreate this style during our workshops by using pencils and dry pastels.
You will learn:
– art history facts about this painting
– interesting facts about the life of Claude Monet
– how to sketch a body while keeping the right proportions
– how to work with pastels.
You will learn three techniques for pastel sketching:
c) hatching and crosshatching
What to bring: A4 size paper plus a pencil and a rubber. Please also take something steady to draw on – it can be a hard paperback notebook or something similar.
Pastels will be distributed during the class, just make sure to give them back at the end of the workshops.
What to expect?
– a short introduction on Monet and his paintings
– instructions on how to draw with pencils and pastels, you will try out these three pastel techniques mentioned above
– individual analysis of your drawing and hints for the future
– meeting new creative people
We offer only 10 places for these workshops. Beginners are highly welcome.
We meet in Kunsthaus at 18:00 in the lobby.
Looking forward to meeting you there,
Kunsthaus Zurich, Heimplatz 1, 8001 Zurich at 18:00 in the lobby
|What to bring:||
A4 size paper plus a pencil and a rubber. Please also take something steady to draw on – it can be a hard paperback notebook or something similar.
Due to security policy in Kunsthaus we offer max 10 places for this workshop. Beginners are highly welcome.