Landscape drawing class in Kunsthaus – Ferdinand Hodler
Join my drawing class on landscape and learn the tricks of pastel sketching.
We will focus on drawing a Silvaplana lake landscape with pencil and dry pastels. Drawing landscapes seems much easier than drawing portraits, but it’s just a “seems-like” statement. Landscapes can be quite challenging in terms of colors and tones. Ferdinand Holder loved painting lakes and mountains. The key element we will focus on is color and tones.
technique: pencil and dry pastels
You will learn:
- how atmospheric perspective impacts the color of the painting on spaces like water
- how to shade with pastels. You will learn and apply 3 shading techniques:
a) layering, b) hatching c) cross-hatching
What to expect?
- instructions on how to draw step-by-step with individual help from the teacher
- individual analysis of your drawing and hints for the future
- sketching in great atmosphere of Kunsthaus museum
- complete immersion “in the here and now” which results in deep relaxation state similar to a meditation
price: 45 CHF*
*all art materials are included in the price.
Duration of the workshop: 2 hours, 18:00-20:00
Book this class for yourself or surprise your friends with this creative gift!
|Date and place:||
8th July 2020, Kunsthaus, Heimplatz 1, 8001 Zurich. We meet in the Kunsthaus lobby by the cafe.
|What to bring:||
All the drawing materials are included in the price. You don't need to bring anything.
Only 10 spots available. The class is both for beginners as well as more advanced people.