Paul Cezanne – Nude portrait drawing class in Kunsthaus
Join a nude portrait drawing class in Kunsthaus!
We will draw a nude group portrait of the famous “Five bathers” by Paul Cezanne. It is a great painting to learn how to draw masculine bodies from different angles and different perspectives. Four men in different postures and movements. Four different bodies for us to sketch with pencils and colourful crayons.
You will learn:
- Historical background of the painting
- Interesting facts about Paul Cezanne and postimpressionism
- Nude portraiture – human anatomy, different body shapes and how to portray them. You will get some short exercises before we get down to drawing the “Five bathers”.
- Short intro on human body proportions.
What to expect?
- instructions on how to draw step-by-step with individual help from the teacher
- individual analysis of your drawing and hints for the future
- meeting new creative people
- widening your knowledge in art and art history
Kunsthaus Zurich, Heimplatz 1, 8001 Zurich in the lobby.
|What to bring:||
A4 size paper plus a pencil and a rubber. Please also take something steady to draw on – it can be a hard paper notebook or something similar.
Due to security policy in Kunsthaus we offer max 10 places for this workshop. Beginners are highly welcome.