Vincent van Gogh – Landscape painting class in Kunsthaus
Join my painting class on landscape painting with watercolour markers. Our master painting will be “The cypress and the flowering tree” by Van Gogh.
We will focus on following Vincent’s style of short and quick brush movements, which we will try to achieve by using watercolour markers. We will use pencil as well for making a basic sketch. Van Gogh before putting paint onto canvas used to do simple pencil sketches.
Our sketching exercise will be in Kunsthaus, and we will be surrounded by Van Gogh’s and other masters’ paintings.
Watercolor markers will be distributed during the class.
You will learn:
- A bit of history about the painting itself and its style.
- A couple of interesting facts about Van Gogh.
- How to paint with watercolour markers. Basic techniques.
- How to achieve a “moving” effect of a painting using short strokes of a brush.
What to expect?
- instructions on how to draw step-by-step with individual help from the teacher
- individual analysis of your drawing and hints for the future
- meeting new creative people
- widening your knowledge in art and art history
- complete immersion “in the here and now” which results in deep relaxation state similar to a meditation.
Kunsthaus Zurich, Heimplatz 1, 8001 Zurich in the lobby.
|What to bring:||
A4 size paper plus a pencil and a rubber. Please also take something steady to draw on – it can be a hard paper notebook or something similar.
Due to security policy in Kunsthaus we offer max 10 places for this workshop. Beginners are highly welcome.